Saturday, June 25, 2011

Daily Chores


I settled into a rhythm this week. Here is a list of things I do most days:

·      Have an incredible egg and cheese sandwich from a lady with missing teeth at the nearby market for breakfast. The sandwich is a great dinner sometimes—like tonight, for instance.
·      Pop some pills.
·      Complain about my internet connection then do nothing all that important once it starts to work.
·      Take a nap.
·      Play basketball at the university courts. Regulars: Cavs jersey kid, Rasta guy, old man, Dr. J look-alike, pot belly man.
·      Drink a coke from a glass bottle. The low price and the glass make it taste extra good.
·      Play “Bounce” on my cell phone. Current level: 11.
·      Shower in the hottest water I can find.
·      Lose my breath for a few seconds because the hottest water I can find is always really cold.
·      Pretend my bed net gives me the canopy bed I’ve always dreamed of.

Most of these things are pretty great, but what makes days special are the things that happen in between. I'll do my best to let you know what those things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment